“The pleasure of food lies not only in the eating, but the sharing.”
‘Bibby’s Kitchen’ is the home of rich vibrant recipes that celebrate local South African cuisine, infused with global flavour.
Di, the recipe developer, food stylist and writer behind Bibby’s Kitchen is deeply inspired by seasonal offerings and life. As a food stylist, she focuses on a fusion of flavours and impeccable execution for a flawless finish.
‘Bibby’s Kitchen’ is passionate about nutritious healthy snacks and treats, and she bases some of her recipes on whole foods. From homely breads, to decadent chocolate torte, Bibby’s Kitchen is nothing short of magic.
REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR BIBBY’S KITCHEN; TO STAND A CHANCE TO WIN R1 000 CASH. TS AND CS APPLY.
Wholemeal Pancake Stack with Berry Salad and Fruit Ice Cream Whip
There are few better ways to start your day than with a stack of fluffy wholemeal pancakes. Mixing a batch of pancake batter the night before will set you up for easy weekday breakfasts that everyone will love. Topped with fresh seasonal fruit and yoghurt ice cream, healthy and delicious never tasted this good!
- 90g (1/2 cup) wholemeal flour
- 45g (1/4 cup) self-raising flour
- 30g (1/4 cup) almond meal
- 5ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 30ml (2 tbsp) coconut oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 125ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) NutriDay low fat plain yoghurt
For the Berry salad:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 dragon fruit, halved (optional)
Fruited nice cream whip:
- 250ml (1 cup) NutriDay Vanilla Yoghurt, poured into ice cube trays and frozen
- 2 large bananas, peeled, roughly chopped and frozen
- ½ cup raspberries, frozen
- 15ml (1 tbsp) honey
Honey and nut butter, to serve (optional)
- In a large bowl, sift together the wholemeal flour, self-raising flour, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a jug, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, honey, vanilla, buttermilk and yoghurt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour and mix to combine.
- Heat a non-stick pan until hot, add a knob of butter and ladle ¼ cup of pancake batter into the pan.
- Cook until tiny bubbles form on the top, turn over and cook until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out tiny round dragon fruit balls and combine with the berries.
Fruited nice cream whip:
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth and creamy.
To serve, stack the warm pancakes in a bowl, spoon over the nice cream fruit whip, top with berry salad and drizzle with honey and chocolate nut butter.