Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
This cake is the perfect afternoon tea or brunch treat. The cinnamon sugar topping and swirl is absolutely irresistible.
Makes one 20 cm cake
For the topping:
- 70 g (⅓ cup) brown sugar
- 65 g (½ cup) flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 50 g (3 Tbsp) cold butter, cubed
For the cake:
- 125 g (½ cup) butter, at room temperature
- 170 g (¾ cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) cold, strong coffee
- 125 ml (½ cup) NutriDay Double Cream Yoghurt
- 175 g (1⅓ cup) flour
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (½ tsp) salt
- NutriDay Vanilla Flavoured Yoghurt, to serve
- fresh berries, to serve [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a 20 cm cake pan with baking paper.
- To make the topping, rub all the ingredients together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles rough crumbs. Set aside.
- To make the cake, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla, coffee and yoghurt and mix well.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and add to the batter. Mix well.
- Transfer half of the batter to the prepared cake pan and add half of the topping mix. Now add the other half of the cake batter, and finally finish with the remaining topping mixture.
- Place in the oven and allow to bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving with NutriDay Vanilla Flavoured Yoghurt and fresh berries.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.