“A life filled with flavours.”
Family, food, and business are some of the things that the multi-talented Claire Allen can’t live without. After an incredible turn on Master Chef South Africa, Claire’s true calling (and palate) was awakened. She embarked on her greatest culinary adventure yet, meeting the butchers, bakers and candlestick makers of the gourmet globe. Travelling and indulging in signature dishes inspired her blog, ‘Food is Love,’ where every recipe tells a story, and every bite leaves us hungry for more.
As a food entertainer, entrepreneur and blogger, Claire is passionate about expanding her foodie talents. When she’s not cooking, baking or blending some or other mouthwatering meal, she’s running her events company, Signature Productions.
REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR FOOD IS LOVE; TO STAND A CHANCE TO WIN R1 000 CASH. TS AND CS APPLY.
Goats Cheese and Serrano Ham Frittata
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and there is nothing better than a quick, easy and delicious one pan meal you can put on the table and share with your loved ones. This is my go to Frittata recipe and the best part is that you can make it your own with any filling.
Serving size 4-6 people
- 15ml (1 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- 250ml (1 cup) chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 750ml (3 cups) chopped kale
- 8 large eggs
- 125ml (½cup) NutriDay Double Cream Yoghurt
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- 7ml (1 1/2 tsp) salt
- 5ml (1 tsp) pepper
- 250ml (1 cup) goat cheese, crumbled (or any other cheese)
- 80g of Serrano ham
- 30ml (2 tbsp) fresh dill leaves
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 75ml (1/4 cup) of grated parmesan (or any other cheese)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees with the rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Add the onion; cook, stirring often, until soft and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and kale and cook, stirring often, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Whisk together the eggs, Yoghurt, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; pour over the vegetables in the pan.
- Cook until the edges are just beginning to set for about 1 minute.
- Top evenly with the cheese and ham.
- Bake in oven until set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top with the dill and cheese