“Breakfast should be celebrated with mimosas!”
‘Glam Foodie’, the Beyoncé of all things food, is on a mission to savour the finer things in life. She expertly combines fine-dining, haute cuisine and luxury wine into a fine blend. There’s always room for a splash of glamour, that little black number and stilettos in Charmaine’s kitchen.
As a TV presenter and foodie, Charmaine captures everything we love about cooking, sharing and indulging in the good life. With a glass of bubbly in one hand and a spatula in the other, her blog is a must for gourmet glitterati events and delicious delights. She’s definitely not stopping any time soon. Cheers to that!
REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR GLAM FOODIE; TO STAND A CHANCE TO WIN R1 000 CASH. TS AND CS APPLY.
Fresh Berries and Yoghurt Cake
This simple, lightly sweet yet delicious yoghurt cake is the ultimate go-to breakfast treat when you’re ready to retire your boring breakfast cereal. Takes just minutes to prepare and when topped with nutritious NutriDay Low Fat Plain Yoghurt and fruit it makes for a healthy and delightful snack which can be enjoyed anytime.
Servings: 6 – 8
- 1 cup NutriDay plain low fat yoghurt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Fresh selection of berries
- Icing sugar
- Heat oven to 180 Degrees
- Grease cake pan
- In medium bowl, using a hand mixer on medium speed, lightly beat eggs, add oil, sugar and NutriDay plain low fat yoghurt, beat for 1 minute until smooth, add flour and baking powder and beat until well combined approximately another minute.
- Pour mixture into a greased cake pan and bake 35-40 minutes or until tested done (when toothpick or knife inserted in cake comes out clean).
- When cool, decorate with selection of fresh berries and and icing sugar.