“Creating something delicious and equally beautiful is easy, with just a few ingredients.”
Former Food & Home Entertaining editor, Leila of ‘Pass the Salt’ hasn’t just been cooking since she was no more than a wee mite; she’s been waitressing, concocting recipes and doing all the good things that kids in a family-run restaurant do.
Since then, she’s joined the culinary circus. Her main act? Writing, travelling and food styling, as well as enjoying the very best cuisine from one end of South Africa to the other.
As a busy mom, Leila’s blog features fuss-free recipes for foodie moms and kids, as well as covering her culinary escapades.
REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR PASS THE SALT; TO STAND A CHANCE TO WIN R1 000 CASH. TS AND CS APPLY.
Mixed Berry Yoghurt Parfait
These little yoghurt and berry parfaits are quick, easy and super delicious. Let’s just say they’re all of the yum, minus any of the guilt!
Serves 4 as a starter
- 2 cups (500ml) Nutriday Mixed Berry Yoghurt
- 200g crushed biscuits of your choice
- 200g mixed fresh berries
- extra berries, for serving
- fresh mint, to serve
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Add 3 tbsp (45ml) Nutriday Mixed Berry yoghurt to four small glasses.
- Add a sprinkling of crushed biscuits, followed by some berries to the glasses.
- Repeat with another layer of yoghurt, followed by crushed biscuits and mixed fresh berries until you reach the top of the glass (leaving some room for the topping).
- Finish with a layer of NutriDay yoghurt. Top with a few fresh berries a mint leaf and dust lightly with icing sugar, just before serving.