“I love to cook, entertain and most importantly EAT delicious and beautifully presented food.”
Ilse is passionate about living life to the fullest, which of course includes enjoying tasty morsels and sampling delectable delights. Her husband, Garth, is often at the receiving end of her culinary experiments and together, the two often embark on exciting culinary adventures around the Mother City. Living there provides her access to world-class wine farms, and flavours for every palate.
‘The Food Buzz’ is home to some of Ilse’s oh-so-delicious creations. Whether it’s her macerated berries and crème fraiche, or her deeply rich chocolate brownies, one thing’s for sure, you’re in for a treat.
REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR THE FOOD BUZZ; TO STAND A CHANCE TO WIN R1 000 CASH. TS AND CS APPLY.
NutriDay Vanilla Smooth Yoghurt and Muesli Cheesecake
Smooth, creamy and surprisingly simple, this Vanilla Yoghurt Cheesecake with a crunchy muesli crust will have your breakfast party guests tweet about the heavenly taste and instagram it’s good looks.
For the muesli crust:
- 200g rolled oats
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 30ml (2 tbsp) honey
- 30ml (2 tbsp) smooth peanut butter
- 15ml (1 tbsp) butter
For the cheesecake:
- 1l Nutriday Vanilla Smooth Yoghurt
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp gelatine dissolved in 6 Tbsp hot water
For the topping:
- 110g can Passion Fruit Pulp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease an 18cm non-stick sping form round cake tin
- Place peanut butter, butter and honey in a sauce pan and stir on heat until combined, remove from heat and add rolled oats, mix thoroughly and pour into tin, press to the bottom of tin.
- Bake for 10min and set aside to cool completely
- Whisk NutriDay Vanilla Smooth yoghurt with mascarpone cheese
- Mix in the dissolved gelatine
- Pour onto cooled muesli crust and chill in fridge for 4 hours or overnight
Remove spring form round cake tin and place on serving dish
- Spoon the passion fruit pulp onto the cheesecake and lightly spread evenly