“Food fascinates me. It always has and it always will.”
Actress and food and travel writer, Kate Liquorish, stumbled into the world of cooking and catering when her friends could not stop raving about her mouthwatering recipes. From hosting a dinner party to savouring delicious wines or sharing life with her loved ones, it’s the little things that truly count for Kate. Her parents deeply instilled the love of food into her and her sibling, through cooking shows on BBC during her childhood.
Kate’s tried-and-true recipes are filled with punchy flavours and scrumptious seasonal offerings. Her easy-to-make, yet impossible-to-resist creations will be sure to have the whole family queuing for seconds.
REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR UNDOMESTIKATED; TO STAND A CHANCE TO WIN R1 000 CASH. TS AND CS APPLY.
Yoghurt and Poppy Seed Flapjacks
This flapjack recipe couldn’t be easier or more delicious, and the addition of the luxurious NutriDay vanilla yoghurt cream takes it to the next level.
Makes about 20 flapjacks
- 500ml (2 cups) Self-Raising Flour
- 45ml (3 tbsp) Sugar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) Poppy Seeds
- 2 extra large Eggs
- 250ml (1 cup) Nutriday Vanilla Yoghurt
- 250ml (1 cup) Milk
Vanilla Yoghurt Cream:
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cream
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Nutriday Vanilla Yoghurt
- To make the vanilla yoghurt cream: whip the cream to stiff peaks and fold through the Nutriday vanilla yoghurt.
- To make the flapjacks: place the flour, sugar and poppy seeds into a bowl.
- Place the eggs, Nutriday vanilla yoghurt and milk together in a separate bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and grease with a little sunflower oil.
- Spoon dollops of the mixture into the pan in batches, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then turn the pancakes and cook until puffed up and golden.
- Place onto a serving dish lined with paper towel
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve with fresh fruit, honey and vanilla yoghurt cream.